Digital Competence Framework
Digital competence is one of 3 cross-curricular responsibilities, alongside literacy and numeracy. It focuses on developing digital skills which can be applied to a wide range of subjects and scenarios.
The Framework has 4 strands of equal importance, each with a number of elements.
- Citizenship – which includes:
- Identity, image and reputation
- Health and well-being
- Digital rights, licensing and ownership
- Online behaviour and cyberbullying.
- Interacting and collaborating – which includes:
- Storing and sharing.
- Producing – which includes:
- Planning, sourcing and searching
- Evaluating and improving.
- Data and computational thinking – which includes:
- Problem solving and modelling
- Data and information literacy.